When it is time to do hair removal, many people want to find a method that is effective and can keep the hair off for a long time but will not hurt as badly as other options. Waxing has been a popular option to use for a long time, but it is very painful and many people do not look forward to using it at all. They may turn to laser hair removal and wonder whether this is a better option for them to use.
Laser hair removal is designed to not be painful. The procedure is designed to use lasers to help remove the hair and make it harder to grow back, allowing for smoother areas of the body, without all of the pain from waxing, explains SkinBody Memphis, who performs laser hair removal in Memphis.
The cooling part of the laser will help you to remove the hair without all of the thermal injuries. While you need to be careful with who you have to do the laser treatment, it is an effective and painless way to permanently remove hair.
Many people can benefit from using laser hair removal for their hair removal needs. let’s take a closer look at how laser hair removal works so you can decide whether this is a good option for you.
How Painful is Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal is designed to not be painful on the body. This is part of what makes it such a good option for removing hair from all over the body. While many worry that using a laser is going to cause a lot of damage to the body, this is just not true when you choose the right laser hair removal product.
The advanced laser machines that are found with this type of hair removal are going to allow you to remove hair from almost all parts of the body. Some of the places that this type of hair removal can be used includes:
- All over the body
- Facial hair
- Underarm hair removal
- Upper body and arms hair removal
- Back, chest, and stomach
- Leg hair
- Upper lip and chin hair removal
- Bikini hair removal
You will want to talk with one of the hair removal specialists ahead of time to discuss the hair that you would like to remove. This makes it easier to see which packages are available so you can make a good decision on whether you should choose this option or not.
Factors That Determine How Painful Laser Hair Removal is
There are a few factors that will help determine the amount of pain you may experience from laser hair removal. There are a few things that can make it more or less painful based on what you get done, but laser hair removal is still a much better choice than some of the other options out there. The factors that determine how painful laser hair removal includes:
- Quality of the person doing the laser hair removal. The more experience the practitioner has, the less painful it should be for you to get done.
- The amount of hair to be removed. If you need to get a good deal of hair removed at the same time, it is likely that the pain from this treatment will be much higher than on an area with just a little bit of hair.
- Type of laser being used: There are several types of lasers that you can use to remove the hair. You will need to discuss each one with the practitioner you choose and see which ones are likely to cause the most pain.
- Proximity to the bones: The closer the laser is going to be to the bones in the patient, the more pain it can potentially cause. This can be true for several areas like the arms and legs that you want to work on, so be careful.
- Your current pain threshold: Some people have a higher threshold for pain than others. This allows them to get the laser treatment done in all areas of the body, without feeling much pain at all. Others are more sensitive and may notice the pain more.
- The body part that is going through treatment: There are some areas, like the bikini zone or under the arms, that are more sensitive to laser light than others. These can become more painful overall.
Choosing Laser Hair Removal
When it comes to removing hair from your body, there are a number of methods that you are able to choose. You can go with shaving, traditional waxing, or laser hair removal. The latter provides a way to get the hair removed without all of the damage or pain from the other options. Choose this and see how great it can be for your body.